Learn how to Conduct Performance Appraisal and Handle Difficult Situations during it
Performance Appraisal Conversation Workshop
What it is:
The Performance Conversation program equips your colleagues with concept, skills and techniques in conducting a Performance Appraisal process. Through knowing people’s emotion during the conversation process, they will be empowered to handle various difficult situations during the appraisal process.
Training needs that the program address:
- Managers don’t know how to conduct a performance conversation
- Managers triggers colleagues’ emotion during performance conversation, making it difficult to continue
- Colleagues being passive during the performance conversation process
- Managers have difficulties to set development goals for colleagues in the performance conversation
Part 1: Know the Performance Conversation Cycle
Part 2: Performance Conversation @ Mid-Year Review
- How to communicate expectation of goal (desired result) and standard of different ratings more effectively?
- Learn Tips & Tools for staff to manage their career proactively & effectively
Part 3: Performance Conversation @ Final Review
- Clarify & manage expectation, especially if the subordinate has performance issue, to avoid surprise @ Final Review
- Common issues during this stage + tips on how to handle it
Part 4: Anticipate Difficult Situations
- Framing skills for communicating on performance evaluation, competency, rating etc.
- Tips / Points to aware when communicate the ratings of 4 & above, 3 and 2 & below
- 2 steps to handle 3 difficult emotions in the Performance Conversation
- Case discussion on difficult situations